ESTATE PLANNING RATES & FEES
- Will (simple) …..$375+
- Powers of Attorney …..$375+
- Health Representation Agreement …..$375+
- Advance Health Care Directive …..$375+
- PACKAGE – Will & Power of Attorney …..$575+
- PACKAGE – Will & Power of Attorney & Health Representation Agreement …..$875+
- Wills (simple, mirrored) …..$550+
- Powers of Attorney …..$550+
- Health Representation Agreements …..$550+
- Advance Health Care Directives …..$550+
- PACKAGE – Wills (simple, mirrored) & Powers of Attorney …..$900+
- PACKAGE – Wills (simple, mirrored) & Powers of Attorney & Health Representation Agreements …..$1250+
Important information about our rates and fees
We are legal professionals who provide this service with an educational perspective. Although we frequently hear “my will is simple” or “oh, my life is simple, often there are other parts to a person’s life that create complexity due to the unique features of our BC Law for Wills and Estates. As BC Notaries, we are required to do our due diligence on behalf of clients and to mitigate risks for our clients, as well as for insurance purposes.
For transparency we disclose the following important information about our rates, fees and disbursements.
- All above fees are base rates only – Disbursements & fees.
- BC taxes and disbursements apply. Disbursements include administrative fee to retain files for minimum of 10 years, captive insurance fee, BC VSA will registry fees, land title search (for people who own real estate) or other as applicable to specific situation.
- o Standard disbursements & fees & taxes on top of the base document(s) fee ( + )
– Single person – single document ranges between $135 to $170 / multiple document from $205 to $275
– COUPLE – single document ranges between $235 to $295 / multiple documents from $280 to $440
- All above fees are base rates only – Additional legal fees **
- BC taxes and additional legal fees may apply for the following reasons: unique and complex situations, additional time, multiple appointments, out of office appointments, blended family scenarios, risk of a will challenge, family dynamics, etc. **This will not be known until the meeting occurs with our client.
- Approximately 70% of all our clients meet the base fee rate with no additional legal fees.
- Other Detail
- We take a deposit of approximately 70% of the estimated invoice at the first appointment.
- If you have any questions, please contact our office to speak directly with our personal planning and estates staff members.
- Online appointments – $100 deposit to hold spot, applied to overall invoice or as per cancellation and missed appointment policy.
- Payment plans available for those who need documents but have a tight budget. We can accommodate for a 3 or 4 payment plan if that is something you require.
- Review our appointment policy regarding missed appointments, late appointments, late or last minute rescheduled appointments. https://carternotary.com/appointment-policy/
**Fees and disbursements are subject to change.**