Q. What kinds of tasks am I responsible for as executor?
A. This is a brief summary of tasks pertaining to the financial aspects of your duties. There are a number of non-financial related tasks that must be performed as well.
– obtaining the probated will of the decedent;
– advertising for and/or notifying creditors and
– accounting for the assets and liabilities of the estate;
– collecting and securing the assets of the estate;
– protecting the assets of the estate;
– paying the liabilities of the estate and collecting any receivables
– filing final tax returns of the estate
– verifying claims against the estate; liquidating the assets of the estate. distributing the assets of the estate
– and accounting for the administration of the estate